Burnout treatment and prevention
Burnout is a mental and psychical condition due to long-term stress and a work over-load.
It is characterised by some of these symptoms:
- feeling tired/exhausted
- sleeping problems
- feeling “on the edge”
- concentration and memory problems
- feeling disengaged at work
Treatment is usually conducted in various phases:
- Diagnosis: Clinical interview and Maslach Burnout Inventory, coping strategies. Formal diagnosis is usually made by the Company doctor.
- Treatment: Depending on the situation, various techniques can be used: Relaxation techniques, hypnosis, working on thoughts and belief patterns, improving work-life balance.
- Consolidation and work-reintegration.
Through my work as a psychologist for over 20 years I have extended experience in working with burnout. I also give in-company burnout prevention trainings (via Work Place Options)